1. A tight weave blanket to sit on. We're waaaay into the brightly colored tribal prints you can find everywhere lately. They create this cool party vibe whenever they are laid out (and we kind of LOVE a good party!). We'll be throwing in a few brightly colored pillows to lounge on as well.
2. A striped sweater. This nods at the stripes being celebrated on the fourth and also provides a light layer of warmth to enjoy the festivities by.
3. A patriotic beachball. Good for starting the party and passing some time after you claim your spot on the grass, before the show begins. Plus, it's a great festive way to meet your neighbors!
4. A brightly colored flashlight. Once the sparks are done flying, we want to navigate our inevitably long walk back to our parked car with a bit of light.
5. A box of homemade s'more mini cakes. Here's an awesome recipe that we whipped up this weekend.